If you are tired of failing each year on your personal resolutions, it is time to try something new. This year, make some New Year’s resolutions for your car and take care of your faithful steed.
- Read your owner’s manual. Spend some time reading through your vehicle’s owner’s manual. You may learn a few things about your car and you can read up on your car’s maintenance schedule.
- Get your car back on schedule. If you have fallen behind on your car’s maintenance, get back on track with a thorough inspection and tune-up.
- Check your tires. Make inspecting your tires a monthly habit. You should look for signs of wear, check the tread depth, and check the tire pressure.
- Change your fluids. Check your vehicle’s fluids, especially the oil, transmission, brake, and power steering fluids. Make sure they are clean and at the proper level.
- Get new windshield wipers. You should replace your windshield wipers every six to 12 months.
- Wash your car. Another monthly habit you should have is washing your car. By routinely cleaning off all the dirt and grime off your car, you can prolong the life of your paint.
If you want some helping getting your car ready for the New Year, schedule your next service appointment here at Hyundai of Longview.